How to reach Edam
By Public Transport:
Busses from Amsterdam (Central Station) to Edam: 310, 312, 314 (direction Hoorn), 316, 317 (limited) and 318
There are no train connections to Edam.
From the direction of Amsterdam:
- From the ring of Amsterdam (Road A1), you take the exit Volendam (S116).
- After 600m you turn right at the trafficlights into the 'Nieuwe Leewarderweg'.
- At the next trafficlights you go straight on, (after 400m).
- At 'Broek en Waterland' you also go straight on.
- In Monnickendam you will pass three trafficlights and keep on going on the N247.
- After 5km you will see the sign for Edam and turn right.
- After 120m turn right into the 'Singelweg'.
- After 250m turn left at the trafficlights, into the 'Burgermeester Versteeghsingel'.
- Turn left after 150m, into the 'Baanstraat'.
- You can park your car after 100m on your right.
- You may park your car for 4 hours at this parking zone, but you need a parking disc. These are for sale at the Tourist Office.
From the direction of Hoorn
- Coming from Hoorn you take the A7 in the direction of Amsterdam/Purmerend.
- Take the next exit to Avenhorn.
- Turn left into the 'Provinciale Weg' after 600m.
- Turn right at the traffic lights after 225m.
- Keep going straight on, on the 'Provincialeweg'.
- As soon as you see the sign for Edam, turn left into the 'Lokkemientjesweg'.
- Turn right after 45m into the 'Matthijs Tinxgracht.
- You can park your car after 350m at the Cheese Market.
- Should this parking be full, you keep going straight on into the 'Prinsenstraat'.
- Cross the bridge into the 'Spuistraat'.
- At the end of the 'Spuistraat' turn left before the bridge.
- Turn right accross the bridge.
- Now you're in the 'Baanstraat'.
- Here you will find a parking on your left hand. You may park your car for 4 hours at this parking zone, but you need a parking disc. These are for sale at the Tourist Office.
In the centre of Edam we have a blue parking zone. Within this zone you may park your car for free for 1 1/2 or 4 hours, but you need a parking disc behind your window. These discs are for sale at the Tourist Office.